The Outfit

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An EverQuest Guild on the Test Server

2 posters

Windows 8 and Direct X Questions

Deelwifit
    Deelwifit
    Admin

Windows 8 and Direct X Questions Empty Windows 8 and Direct X Questions

Post by Deelwifit Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:42 am

If anyone can help me that would be great.  Had to buy a new desktop last night as mine took a nose dive.  Of course Windows 8 and updates done.  Installed latest version of Direct X.  Installed Everquest (yes anti-virus was placed on hold while installing) and then was ready to play.  I clicked the play button on the launchpad.  It acted like it was going to go for about 2-3 seconds and then a window popped up saying that the client EverQuest has crashed.  It keeps happening even after I re-booted the computer.  Windows 8 and Direct X Questions Mad0223

Starting to freak out a bit because I need to get my cleric ready for raid on Sunday and I'm now feeling incredibly dumb right now.  If anyone knows how to fix this or has suggestions....I'm all ears!

Also bought the Logitech G105 Gaming keyboard.  Clueless there too on how to set up macro's.  The website along with help screen assumes you've done this before and I have not.  Help in this area would also be appreciated!  Windows 8 and Direct X Questions Mad0218

Thanks in advance!
    Deelwifit
    Deelwifit
    Admin

Windows 8 and Direct X Questions Empty Re: Windows 8 and Direct X Questions

Post by Deelwifit Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:50 pm

I got it figured out.  I did a test compatibility and it fixed itself.  I don't know what went wrong, but I just spent the last 14 hours messing with it. Windows 8 and Direct X Questions Sick0018
    Bowtard
    Bowtard
    Officer

Post by Bowtard Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:22 pm

windows 8 stinks, but glad you got it figured out. ive been looking at the logitech g series keyboards. do you like it so far?
    Deelwifit
    Deelwifit
    Admin

Post by Deelwifit Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:42 pm

I'm still trying to figure it out Bow to be quite honest.  I got part of it figured out, but I spammed the heck out of a fellow guildie by accident so it's a work in progress.  I'm thinking once I get it figured out, I will like it a lot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 am